AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre’s Establishment Anniversary & MOU Signing Ceremony 25 May 2023
On the historic 1st anniversary date of opening of AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre which is established under international law with certain immunities and privileges operating under the auspices of Asian-African Legal Consultative Organization (AALCO), an inter government organization established in 1956 and now with 47 member countries speaking for two thirds of the world’s population with a voice in the United Nations and trillions in combined GDP each year, AALCO Secretary General H.E. Dr. Kamalinne Pinitpuvadol together with the regional arbitration centre’s Director Nick CHAN Hiu-Fung, MH, JP, gathered and welcomed Secretary for Justice Mr Paul Lam, SBS, SC, JP, Deputy Commissioner Fang Jianming, Deputy Secretary for Justice Horace Cheung, SBS, JP, and around 100 ambassadors and consul generals from around the world, other diplomats, members of congress, executive council member, legislative council members, lawmakers, policy-setters, business community leaders and leading professions from around the world at historical monument the Former French Mission Building which previously housed Hong Kong’s Court of Final Appeal.
The event was kicked off with live performance of string quartet classical music inspired by lawyers and African-themed song performance by a famous South African singer Ms Lolo with African drum accompaniment.
The highlight of the evening was the MOU signing ceremony witness by Mr Paul Lam, SBS, SC, JP, Secretary for Justice, Mr Fang Jianming, Deputy Commissioner and Mr. Horace Cheung, SBS, JP, Deputy Secretary for Justice.
List of MOU signing organisations:
1. Asia Academy of International Law (AAIL) (www.aail.org)
2. Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) (www.aiac.world)
3. eBRAM International Online Dispute Resolution Centre (eBRAM) (www.eBRAM.org)
4. Hong Kong Bar Association (www.hkba.org)
5. The Law Society of Hong Kong (HKLS) (www.hklawsoc.org.hk)
6. China Association of Trade in Services (www.catis.org)
7. Benchmark Chambers International & Benchmark International Mediation Center (BCI -BIMC) (www.bcisz.org/)
8. China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission Hong Kong Arbitration Center (CIETAC HK) (www.cietachk.org.cn)
9. Hainan International Arbitration Court (HIAC) (www.hnac.org.cn)
10. South China International Arbitration Center (SCIA HK) (www.scia.org.hk)
11. City University of Hong Kong (School of Law) (www.cityu.edu.hk/slw)
12. International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) (www. idrrmi.org)
13. International Islamic Mediation & Arbitration Centre (www.arabcci.org/IMAC_aboutus.htm)
14. Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb) (www.hkiarb.org.hk)
15. Qianhai Belt & Road Legal Services Federation (http://www.qbrlsf.com/)