This Policy applies when you interact with the Centre either through our websites, services, mobile applications in person, or when you communicate with us by phone, text, direct message, social media, or other similar functionality.
We endeavour to ensure that our collection, storage and use of personal data are carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
We collect and process your personal information in order to provide you the best experience possible when you interact with us. The information we collect may vary by your preferred method of interaction with us. The categories of personal information that we may collect include:
- Contact and identification information
- Device, internet & network activity
- Location information
- Demographic information
- Preferences and inferences
- Device content
You may be invited to provide personal data on a voluntary basis. Unless otherwise specified, personal data collected from you may be used by us for or in connection with the following purposes:
- Handling, administering and managing the relevant dispute resolution process and proceedings;
- Verification of identity;
- Analyzing, verifying, or enforcing contractual rights in relation to the provision of our Services to you;
- Conducting survey, research and analysis to facilitate the provision of our Services, including but not limited to testing, upgrading, and technical support and maintenance;
- Facilitating protection and/or enforcement of the relevant rights and interests of us and/or you;
- Handling applications or requests for services or related matters;
- Overall relationship management and communication, including handling and investigating enquiries, comments, incidents or complaints;
- Protecting the safety and security of persons and property, including preventing, detecting, investigation and reporting crimes, unlawful or suspicious activities;
- Complying with any legal obligations that are imposed on us under any applicable laws, court order, or otherwise imposed by any government body, agency, regulatory authority, law enforcement agency, court or judicial body; and/or
- any purpose(s) directly related to any of the above purposes.
To facilitate the purposes set out above, we may disclose or transfer your personal data to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):-
- Any holding company, parent, subsidiary, affiliated company, or associated company (if any) of us which are involved in the provision and operation of the Services (or any parts thereof);
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider suppliers (including their employees, directors, officers, and agents) who provides administrative, information technology or other services (including data processing and storage) to or support the operation of our business or Services;
- Any authorized representatives and/or legal advisors of you, when requested by you to do so;
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to us including our accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers;
- Any proposed or actual assignee or transferee of all or any part of our operation or business; and/or
- Any person (including but not limited to government and regulatory bodies, authorities, law enforcement agencies, courts, judicial bodies and/or other organizations) to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
We will not use or transfer your personal data to another person for use in direct marketing unless we have obtained your prior written consent.
You may at any time request access to and correct the personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may send data access or data correction request to our Privacy Officer at AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre 23/F Shanghai Commercial Bank Tower, 12 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong.